As the old saying goes, it takes a village. With over 430 employees that call the campus home, every single employee’s contribution is more than just necessary. It’s instrumental to the lifeblood of the company’s beating heart.
From flex work policies to fun events held onsite, Hiram Walker is committed to displaying that gratitude in countless ways. Every holiday season, management even sends each worker home with a Christmas turkey! That generosity extends externally as well. Hiram Walker remains one of Windsor’s most generous donors. The company has donated funds to the Ford City Drouillard Community Garden, the United Way, the Hospice of Windsor and Essex County and many more!
As part of Hiram Walker’s community focus, one of the distillery’s core values is sustainability. Hiram Walker’s parent company, Pernod Ricard, has created a robust 2030 sustainability and responsibility strategy: Good Times from a Good Place. This strategy, based on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, addresses all aspects of the business—from grain to glass. Some sustainability targets include:
• Net zero carbon emissions for scopes 1 and 2 of its production cycle by 2030.
• All production sites and offices powered by renewable electricity by 2025.
• Fully eliminating single-use plastic promotional items by 2021—a target that’s already reached!
• All packaging to be fully recyclable, compostable, reusable, or bio based by 2025.
• Combating alcohol misuse with a program in each market by 2030.
Want to learn more about Hiram Walker & Sons and their rich history? Come visit us for a tour!